Thank you Babagahnoosh
If you are looking for a real challenge inside the game, then becoming a Fire specced mage
is definitely the class for you. Without any experience in MMORPG’s it will be
almost impossible to survive. Mages have very low health; the only way to
survive is using an energy shield that will absorb 40% of the damage dealt (Percentage
increases over each rank). Therefore your mana is your life. Without mana you will die. This guide will help you keep your deaths to a minimum.
1. As stated above, the only way to keep yourself from dying all the time is your shield. Although this shield is not really needed for the levels 1-12 you will need it further on. Never click on your energy shield when it’s in use! If you do, the energy shield goes away when an enemy hits you just once. This is probably a bug, therefore I would suggest putting your energy shield into the 10 slotbar tab that you can open up by clicking on the arrow on the right side of your screen. This is an easy way to make use of your energy shield while making sure you won’t click on it twice.
2. The Swamp of Wyrms is one of the most difficult locations for a mage. It is crowded; there are no open fields so you will have to melee more than usual. Because of that your shield will deplete faster. I died lots of times, going completely crazy because of my
shield being depleted in three or four hits! I’d suggest you would at least put
in 3 talent points in Shield energy in the Permafrost spec or be prepared to
lose a LOT of gold!
3. A good Rotation would be:
Frostbolt>Firebolt>Frostbolt>Firebolt until the enemy starts to melee
you, then use: Shockwave>(Frost Blast if specced in)>Shockwave.
4. A good spec in my opinion would be:
1 Shock Wave> 1 Frostblast >3 Shield Energy>5 Improved Fire
Bolt>1 Cyclone>3 Blasting Flame>3 Burnout>3 Elemental Release>5 Fireflow>5 Elemental Mastery>1 Wind Walker>3 Flaming Phantom>5 Flaming
Spirit>3 Magic Wind Flow>5 Flaming Mind>1 Lightning Fall>1
Take in mind that this spec is for fast leveling only! Not for pvp.
Since there are no dungeons yet, there is no real need for AoE (Area of Effect)
or stun spells like: Chain lightning or Fire Barrage.
5. Using the 4th slot trick
(See Tips and Tricks) I’d suggest putting These four spells in your slot bars:
(Frost Blast, Shockwave, Fireball, Frostbolt). This would keep you from
rotating too late or too early for the spell that you want to use.
6. Mages can cast their spells through line of sight! Although this is something that you will have to get used to since it isn’t logical, (Especially for WoW users) it is a great way to lengthen the path that enemies will have to run to melee you!